Friday, April 16, 2010

The Second Day

Today I needed to start printing, I had two jobs to run, one to the Epson 11880 and one to one of the Epson 9800's.

I downloaded the 11880 driver and it installed quickly and seemingly cleanly. I cannot find any of the Windows shared printers so I have given up on that and ran that job from an aging XP machine.

The file I prepped for the 11880 was around 500 Gbytes, not an unusual size for us to print.

I sent the file to the printer and . . . nothing happened for a long time, maybe 20 minutes, the famous pizza wheel of death spinning . . .

I stopped the job, checked the print queue (nothing there), restarted Photoshop and tried again, this time after 5 or so minutes Photoshop came back to life and everything indicated that the job had been sent and should be running but no. Again nothing in the print queue.

I don't have time for this so I printed it from my Vaio.

One possitive note, I have an HP 6210 which I connected to the Macbook Pro and after a couple of minutes setting it up it works great, no scanning features but doing a new install on a Window machine takes forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment