Saturday, April 17, 2010

Internet Speeds

Just tested the relative speeds over the internet between my old Vaio (see previous posts for specs) compared to the new Macbook Pro.

Best of three
Macbook Pro - Fastest Ping .39 - Fastest DL 5.03 - Fastest UL - 0.73
Macbook Pro - Slowest Ping .41 - Slowest DL 1.4 - Slowest UL - 0.73

Sony Vaio - Fastest Ping .26 - Fastest DL 6.57 - Fastest UL o.73
Sony Vaio - Slowest Ping .42 - Slowest DL 6.55 - Slowest UL 0.73

I am going to check to see if there are any settings on the Mac that I am missing

I also added a Microsoft mouse to the Mac which worked OK until I tried adding another monitor and then it started jittering.

The second monitor I added was an LG which has an identical resolution to the Mac which set up seamlessly and seems to be working fine. I have also color calibrated both monitors on the Mac and the Vaio to see if there they all look the same. I am using a Color Munki from X-Rite.

They don't . . . but they are pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment